Hepatitis Panel, Acute W/Reflex

I went to the doctor yesterday for my blood work results and he told me that I tested positive for Hepatitis C. I was tested by the Hepatitis Panel, Acute w/reflex. The lab work says that the Hepatitis C Antibody is reactive with a signal to cut-off of reactive 3.11 H and non-reactive <1.00. I found that the signal-to-cutoff ratio is (>3.8 to test positive.) My blood work also states that my test is reactive with a low s/co rato and the CDC recommends supplemental testing such as RIBA or NAAT. Research from the internet has told me that usually people who have a low signal to cut off ratio are normally false positives. Is this correct?

You need one of the confirmatory tests you describe to determine true positivity and not think about the performance of the screening test.

Unusual but how unusual?
newly diagnosed