Time for Meds?

Thank you. I have been more or less a non-progressor since I was diagnosed in October of '99; having been infected somewhere in that past year. My cd4s have hovered in the 400-600 range since day one. My VL was always under 500 and my percentage around 40%. Over the past few tests my cd4s are averaging 380 and my VL is slowly creaping up around 16k with a percentage drop to 35%. I'm 49 and overall in excellent health. Is it times for meds in your opinion? Thanks so much for this forum.

You are clearly on the fence. Your CD4 percent is still quite healthy, but the percent and absolute number are drifting down with a concomitant increase now in your viral load. You may plateau here for a while or see a continued decreased in CD4 count. There is no urgency and so another set of numbers may help determine go or no go. I think if you see a continued decline in both CD4 count and percent, even if small, I would pull the trigger and start.

Elevated red blood cell count / polycythemia
Does allergic reactions increase unwanted immune activation?