Mar 17, 2007
I have had Hep B and Hep C for 25 years now. This January my ALT/AST were 94 and 75. My viral load in February was 2.69 million. This is the first time these numbers have come in like this. Is that high and should I consider the treatment they have mentioned? What could happen if I don't get treatment?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I assume that viral load count is for the HCV. That viral load is about average. You have apparently lived with these infections for a long time. It does take many years to decades for HCV associated liver damage to become signficant. It is not unreasonable to consider treatment, which should be discussed with a liver specialist.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Burning Urethra After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.