Mar 17, 2007
Hi doctor. I noticed that the requirements of blood sample submissions are posted online by referernce labarotories. For PCR tests I've taken, the blood requires spinning within x hours, and some other stuff. The doctor's office that I use does not have this equipment to my knowledge, they just draw and send. 2 Questions: 1.)Will this ruin the test (false negative)? or 2.) would the reference lab have checks in place to verify the blood sample has been handled properly (spun, etc) and is good?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
No and yes.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Muscle Ache A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Tingling Lips A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.