|When to start treatment
Mar 11, 2007
I was diagnosed HIV + two months ago and although I am scheduled to see an Infection Specialist next week I was wonder what levels of CD4 and viral load levels do typical hiv + patients start treatment. My CD4 count is 516 and my viral load is 19,600. Your opinion is greatly appreciated.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
If on repeat those numbers are relatively the same, you don't need treatment at this time. Most HIV practitioners agree that if the CD4 is < 350, or if > 350, the viral load is > 100,000, then HIV treatment should be started.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore Throat During Seroconversion
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Sex With A Prostitute
- Bloody Pee After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.