|New labs and confused
Mar 11, 2007
I just recently received lab results from my doctor. Although, I have been told by many positive friends that my labs are not bad, my doctor began discussing meds which sort of freightens me. My cd4 was 635 my percentage was 32 and my hiv was less than 400. Can you let me know if i shoudl be thinking about starting meds soon? Newly diagnosed and dont know much about the disease yet
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I certainly wouldn't make a decision based on one set of numbers. But if those numbers on repeat are relatively the same, you don't need meds now.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Topping Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.