Mar 4, 2007
I had the hep B core titer which was reactive. That was in 2003 with all liver enzymes normal before and since. I am currently getting ready to work in a hospital and they want me to have a titer done. I assume because my hep B core was reactive that I have been exposed. What do I need to have done to prove immunity?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Most hospital employee health programs have a battery of tests, including those for HBV, that they perform on new hires. It is likely they will screen with a surface antibody and/or surface antigen, looking for evidence of immunity or chronic infection. Although they may use other tests.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- Ache In Testicles After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.