does it matter how late you start therapy
Mar 4, 2007
I have A.I.D.S MY CD4 WAS 25 /MY VL>100,000 WHEN I STARTED THERAPY IS DO MY LIFE EXPECTANCY CHANGE SINCE I WAITED SO LATE (FIRST DIAGNOSED IN 2001 186CD4/25,000VL
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Possibly, depending on how good a HIV treatment response you get and how high your CD4 gets. If your viral load remains detectable and your CD4 count does not get above 200, then you are still at risk of opportunistic infections and other AIDS associated complications. On the other hand, if your viral load goes undetectable and your CD4 count increases to above 200, your risk of complications are decreased very significantly.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Is It That I Am Hiv Positive And My Husband Is Not?
- What Does It Mean When A Hepatitis C Test Is Non-reactive?
- The Effects Of Untreated Hepatitis B Infection
- Could A Hepatitis B Vaccination Cause A False Positive Result In An Hiv Test
- Is A Yeast Infection That Wont Go Away Is An Early Symptom Of Hiv?
- Can I Catch Hiv From A Spa?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.