|SVR after 24 vs. 48 weeks
Mar 4, 2007
HISTORY: Tainted transf. at birth, HEP C, Genotype 1, no liver disease, 23 yr old healthy female on Pegintron/ribivirin now.
QUESTION: If one has almost a 3 log drop by 12 wks.undetectable at 24 weeks What are the benefits of continuing 24 weeks more vs. 48 weeks after? (that would be a total of 72 weeks) Does any data suggest continuing for an additional 24 weeks after the 48 week protocol increases SVR? THANKS.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Not if you have an SVR at 24 weeks, which is sustained at 48 weeks of treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
- Causative Agents Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Does Bactrim Treat Syphilis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.