Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Feb24 CD4 cells follow up Q
Mar 4, 2007

CD4 cells Feb 24, 2007

Hi

You have been saying that it has an effect on your CD4 cells if they are measured on different times during the day. Is that true, becasue my doctor says that it doesn't matter. In October last year the measurement was made at 9 am and cd4 cells were at 470. In february this year the measurement was made at 5 pm and my cd4 cells were at 700. Is this rise due to the fact that it took place later in the day. The viral load stayed at 6.000 both times and I have been HIV+ since the summer of 2004 and never had any medication.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Yes, CD4 cells will be lower in the morning and higher in the evening. So yes, the difference in those numbers could be because of time of day.

Dr., Are the same a.m. vs. p.m. fluctuations observed in CD8 cells also ( higher in the aternoon ) ?

Dr,

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Yes CD8 cells can fluctuate.

Previous
CD4 cells
Next
SVR after 24 vs. 48 weeks

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.