Feb24 CD4 cells follow up Q

CD4 cells Feb 24, 2007

Hi

You have been saying that it has an effect on your CD4 cells if they are measured on different times during the day. Is that true, becasue my doctor says that it doesn't matter. In October last year the measurement was made at 9 am and cd4 cells were at 470. In february this year the measurement was made at 5 pm and my cd4 cells were at 700. Is this rise due to the fact that it took place later in the day. The viral load stayed at 6.000 both times and I have been HIV+ since the summer of 2004 and never had any medication.

Yes, CD4 cells will be lower in the morning and higher in the evening. So yes, the difference in those numbers could be because of time of day.

Dr., Are the same a.m. vs. p.m. fluctuations observed in CD8 cells also ( higher in the aternoon ) ?

Dr,

Yes CD8 cells can fluctuate.

CD4 cells
SVR after 24 vs. 48 weeks