Understanding HEP c Readings
Mar 4, 2007
My faimly MD's Nurse called me and gave me some numbers without any explination. her's what i thought she I had Nine Hundred thousand copies, IU = 360, ASP is 364 and ALT is 760. Please What do these numbers mean in regards to sevarity of illness and treatment plan. Thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
These numbers appear to indicate HCV infection. They do not address the severity of infection or whether treatment is indicated. You need to address this with your physician or a liver specialist.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Chlamydia Symptoms Won't Go Away
- Can Putting A Finger In A Vagina Cause HIV Infection?
- Can Someone Else Get Stds By Touching Your Sperm?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.