HCV RNA PCR Quant results
Mar 4, 2007
I tested positive for Hep C after a needle stick at work. My lab results are: <50 IU/ml and LOG IU/ml is<1.70 the reference ranges are the same as my results. What does this mean? I also had a RIBA and that read, in three categories: negative,negative, and indeterminate; in that order. What does this all mean? I can't seem to get a straight answer from my PCP?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Both of those test results are negative. I suggest you go back to the employee health service and discuss the results and exactly what is positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Hepatitis B And C Survive In Water?
- Can Men Get Hiv From A Blow Job?
- Can You Get Hiv From Sucking On A Woman's Breast?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.