valproic acid and pt w/AIDS
Feb 24, 2007
I have a pt with AID as defined by the CDC w/ a concominant need for depakote (mood stabilizer).is it relative contraindictaon or absolute??
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Valproic acid is not contraindicated in patients with HIV infection, unless they have significant underlying liver disease. In fact small studies have shown the possibility of activity against HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Have Smooth Vaginal Bumps But Not An Std?
- Iodine Usefulness For Vaginal Infections
- Accuracy Of 5 Weeks Hiv Test Using 4th Generation Duo
- Could I Have Symptoms And Test Negative
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes Behind By Ears
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.