low cd4 count
Feb 18, 2007
my CD4 count is 30 and the VL 57700,i feel very healthy,exercise daily and still gaining weight,my doc suggested that i start the drug,iam confused.is it possible to have such low CD4count and still feel healthy with good appetite?what could be going on in my body?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, you could still feel well with those kinds of numbers. You need to start treatment ASAP. You have very little reserve in your immune system and are at significant risk for developing other kinds of infections unless you get those CD4 cells up.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Soon Dry Cough Develops In Newly Hiv Positive Person?
- Is Dna By Pcr Accurate After One Week Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv Through Dried Blood?
- Why Can't Herpes Be Permanently Cured?
- What's The Likelihood Of Somebody Getting Herpes From Protected Sex?
- What To Do If Antibiotics Not Helping Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.