hcv rna results

I gave blood and found out I tested positive for Hep C. I then went to family doctor and had lab work. My Alt has risen since last test to 91 and my AST is 57 a 1 point rise. I have a viral load for HCV RNA of 6,330,000. Th log value of HCV RNA is 6.9 The reference range is <1.9. Assay methodology is PCR using the Roche Cobas Taqman Analyte Specific Reagent. What do you think? The doctor is sending me to a specialist cause he feels that I will need treatment.

You are either acutely or chronically infected with hepatitis C virus. An evaluation by a gastroenterologist or hepatologist is warranted. Many other factors will need to be determined before any decision about treatment can be made.

Virus Load
low cd4 count