|hcv rna results
Feb 18, 2007
I gave blood and found out I tested positive for Hep C. I then went to family doctor and had lab work. My Alt has risen since last test to 91 and my AST is 57 a 1 point rise. I have a viral load for HCV RNA of 6,330,000. Th log value of HCV RNA is 6.9 The reference range is <1.9. Assay methodology is PCR using the Roche Cobas Taqman Analyte Specific Reagent. What do you think? The doctor is sending me to a specialist cause he feels that I will need treatment.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You are either acutely or chronically infected with hepatitis C virus. An evaluation by a gastroenterologist or hepatologist is warranted. Many other factors will need to be determined before any decision about treatment can be made.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Headache After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can You Take Pap Smear Test If You Are Virgin?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.