|questions about a wstern blot
Feb 18, 2007
I was recently diagnosed with hiv. My viral load was undectable and my t cell count was 752. Then three weeks later my docor called me and said they wanted me to retest. I retested and now they say I my wastern blot was negative although I continue to test reactive to the elisa. Have you ever heard of this before? I was told westrn blots are not wrong.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You need another retest of the western blot in a couple of weeks.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Does Genital Herpes Look Like On Men?
- What Does A Herpes Simplex Outbreak Feel Like?
- On What Areas Of The Body Can A Herpes Sore Show Up
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
- Risk Of Transmitting Hpv Through Kissing
- How Long Does It Take To Get Syphilis Results?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.