|questions about a wstern blot
Feb 18, 2007
I was recently diagnosed with hiv. My viral load was undectable and my t cell count was 752. Then three weeks later my docor called me and said they wanted me to retest. I retested and now they say I my wastern blot was negative although I continue to test reactive to the elisa. Have you ever heard of this before? I was told westrn blots are not wrong.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You need another retest of the western blot in a couple of weeks.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blisters After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Men Get Genital Warts Around Their Anus?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.