Feb 11, 2007
Hi, I am not on any medication at moment CD4 count is 701 I am due for another count is March. Both myself and partner are +, is it true that we re-infect one another when not using condoms
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, that has been documented to occur. How frequently that happens is not well known. It can be particularly problematic if one partner is on HIV treatment and has evidence of drug resistant virus, which could be transmitted to someone not on meds, making any subsequent HIV treatment that more challenging.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Receiving Head Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vomiting After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.