|ALT levels as HCV infection indicator
Feb 11, 2007
Dr., Are ALTs good indicators of acute Hep C infection? If so, whats the window (i.e. how long after exposure sghould one expect elevated ALTs). Also, what level is considered suspect (36, 72, etc)? Thank you for your reply.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
ALT levels can be elevated during acute infection and levels are usually in the 100s to 1000s. This occurs within the first few days to weeks of infection and can linger for weeks. In many people with chronic infection these levels are only moderately elevated usually between 50-200.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Cause Sterility?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.