Why am I vomitting?

My Partner has been sick with numerous issues the last 3 years(he is positive,not taking meds)One issue is Periodically he will start vommitting and can't stop and he is in allot of pain. Sometimes I take him to the emergency room and they knock him out and put IV fluids in him, and the next day he is better. But our Dr. has no answers as to what this is and how we could possibly prevent it. Help.

You don't indicate where he is on the HIV spectrum. In other words does he have advanced disease with very lower CD4 counts (which would make him vulnerable to different kinds of opportunistic infections) or is he in good shape from an HIV perspective? What workup has actually been done by his doctor and has he seen a gastroenterologist?

VL undetectable without medication. What does this mean?
Question about liver tests and meds