can I wait a bit?

Not on meds, have NNRTI resistance on the recent genotype/phenotype test. These are my VL's since I first was diagnosed:

1/23/07 4,150 12/12/06 5,260 8/25/06 6,940 7/31/06 1,950 4/10/06 1,610 1/26/06 163 12/22/05 276

The resistance test icluded a replication capacity of 21%...my provider says that's good..very low.

My CD4's have been in the 360's to low 500's but the last two were 329 in December then 311 two weeks ago. They tend to bounce around.

My doc says I can wait three more months and check to see if they go up since my VL's are low and the Replication rate is also low. CD4 percentages have ranged from 40-30%

I had been extremely stressed and depressed at the time I got the 311 count, but that's under control now and I feel much better psychologically which may have had an effect on the count. Is it safe to wait a bit? based on the above information.

Does the replication rate have any real meaning?

Given the low viral load and high CD4 percent with a moderate level CD4 count, you can probably wait another 3 months and see where things are going. NNRTI resistance by itself does not usually affect the replication capacity (RC) to that degree. I suspect there are other resistance mutations to other meds that might be causing the low RC. In general, a lower RC has correlated with lower viral loads and higher CD4 cells and lower decline of CD4 cell count over time.

Weird CD4
Initial HIV RNA test result <75