IFE and PE serum

i have been hiv+ for just over 10 year. have been on and off meds from the diagnosis. no PI's and never undetectable but had t-cells as high as 1600.

when my viral load reached 27300 and 340 t-cells i started atripla. after the nervous system side effects went away i had constant abdominal pain. blood work showed my amylase to be 974 and lipase 38. the doctors think i have an ulcer now.

after more blood work my immunoglobulin G, Qn, serum is 2547; gamma globulin is 2.5 g/dl; and m-spike is .3 g/dl.

immunofixation shows IgG monoclonal protein with kappa light chain.

my doctor is sending me to an oncologist for a suspicion of multiple myeloma.

what are your thoughts on this? hiv related?

what should i question the oncologist about?

Unlikely to be specifically related to HIV infection. I don't think you have enough information yet to definitely say whether this is multiple myeloma or not. There is a series of conditions which have lab findings like yours. Some are relatively benign and some are more aggressive. You will probably get some more blood and urine tests done by the oncologist. Depending on the test results, a bone marrow biopsy might be performed to see whether there are abnormal cells making these abnormal proteins that were found in your blood. The elevated amylase is probably part of this complex as well. Once all the info is in the oncologist will discuss what he thinks the diagnosis is and whether treatment is indicated or not.

undetectable, but no improvement
risk of taking testostrone