Loss of Hair

I have been HIV+ for 4 years and have not had any problems or complications with the virus, except two years ago I was exposed to the "whooping cough" through a co-worker. I developed a high fever and flu-like symptoms that lasted 4 days. When the fever broke I was taking a shower and noticed that ALL the hair on my body went down the drain. All except what was on the top of my head and some facial hair. I do not have any eyebrows or eyelashes. My question concerns the regrowth of this missing hair- I like having at least some eyebrows- the other missing part is ok, even though I had a beautiful chest trail, is there anything that I can do to assist in the regrowth of that missing hair. The hair is trying to come back, but is not growing any then just pushing through the skin level. And you help?

I am not sure that this was specifically related to the whooping cough episode. You might want to consult with a dermatologist and figure out the underlying cause. Also, checking for other things like low thyroid.

It's Me, Durbin Guy checking in...
23y/o diagnosed 8-31-06