Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

It's Me, Durbin Guy checking in...
Jan 20, 2007

HEY DR.MARK!

I've been sending you my story since 2000 ( Durbin conf. South Africa) when I began a 7 day on off STI. I also do CD4 guided year on/off. You tactfully referred to me as "my own experiment." After another 14 months off therapy I restarted two months ago, cd4 383 vl 135k. Four weeks later same two nukes and a non-nuke and my numbers were cd4 753 vl 453. I'm ecstatic to say the least. For the 93 months since I began HAART I've actually been taking drugs 31 months or about 1/3 of the time. Kids don't try this at home! Thanks as always, Durbin Guy aka my own experiment. P.S. Never had an OI, never on a PI and never under 200 cd4.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Thanks for the continued updates. As you know, several studies have recently come out indicating that there may be more negatives than positives using these kinds of approaches. But it clearly, as in your case, works for some folks. How to figure out ahead of time what kind of patients might benefit from this strategy still needs to be figured out.

Previous
lab tests requested/what are these ?
Next
Loss of Hair

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.