Immunosuppressive meds and labs
Jan 14, 2007
Am newly diagnosed HIV with CD4 183. Viral load 79600. Understand this is AIDS. Have been on Methotrexate 15 for RA and Prednisone since early October. Can these affect CD4 counts? No lymph nodes, no opportunistic infections.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, these meds can affect both the count and function of CD4 cells. All the more important for someone like you to start HIV meds ASAP.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Does HIV Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Purple Spots Could I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Herpes From A Cold Sore?
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
- How Soon After Sex Can You Tell If You Contracted An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.