Immunosuppressive meds and labs
Jan 14, 2007
Am newly diagnosed HIV with CD4 183. Viral load 79600. Understand this is AIDS. Have been on Methotrexate 15 for RA and Prednisone since early October. Can these affect CD4 counts? No lymph nodes, no opportunistic infections.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, these meds can affect both the count and function of CD4 cells. All the more important for someone like you to start HIV meds ASAP.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv And Hgh
- What Is There That Has Symptoms Similar To Genital Herpes?
- What Is The Origin Of Chlamydia?
- What Color Is The Genital Warts Discharge?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Can Washing After Sex Can Help Prevent Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.