high bilirubin and Reyataz

My husband is treating for Kaposi's and recently his bilirubin was high and they have stopped the chemotherapy because the doctor was unsure what was causing the high bilirubin. Thanks to your article, I see that it is the Reyataz. My question....since the Reyataz causes the high bilirubin...can he continue taking it while undergoing chemo for the kaposi's sarcoma?

The answer is a qualified yes. Usually an elevated bilirubin by itself is not harmful. If other liver tests are elevated, while receiving chemotherapy, then these drugs along with reyataz may be contributing to some liver damage. If other tests remain relatively normal and only the bilirubin is elevated than he can continue to receive it.

AIDS in under a year
tenofovir testing?