Hep A and B Question

Hello Dr. Holodniy, I was diagnosed HIV+ one year ago. My first labs included some HEP A and B information. My Hepatitis B Surface Antigen W.Confirmation Hepatitis B Surfice Antigen was non-reactive. The Hepatitis B Surface Antiboty QL was reactive. The Hepatitis A AB, Total was Reactive. The Hepatitis C antibody was non-reactive. I think there was more Hepatitis lab work done in September of 2006 but I didn't get a copy of those labs. I have been vaccinated with the TwinX vaccine once and I think with Hep B vaccine alone once. On my latest visit to my ID doctor, he informed me that the Hep A did not take. So he recommended restarting the Hep A series, which I did. Can you tell me what the information from the first labs listed above tell me and what do I look for or ask for to determine if this round of vaccinations worked?

Thanks so much!

Well it appears you have developed antibodies to hep A. That means the vaccine did take, or you were exposed to natural HAV infection some time along the way. Your hep B surface antibody test is also positive, which indicates that the hep B vaccine also worked and appears to have provided you with immunity.

is My VL/CD4 count OK?
Lab Results