|How long infected? Test?
Jan 6, 2007
Is there a test that will determine how long you've had HIV for?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Not really. Previous negative test results can serve as a proxy for how long people have been infected. There is a special antibody test that can tell with some realiability if people have been recently infected (within 4 months), but is not able to say anything about people who have been infected for a longer period of time, just how long they have been infected. This assay is not readily available for use.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Infect Someone With HIV Days After You Are Infected?
- Do I Have To Take Atripla At The Same Time?
- Do Lymph Gland Get Sore In Seroconversion?
- How Quickly After Exposure Can You Notice Symptoms Of Hiv?
- Is It Possible To Turn Positive After 6 Months?
- Is Tonsil Abscess A Sign Of Hiv Infection?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.