please help,confused!!!!

hello DOCTOR, i just tested positive 2months ago but with all the referrals and appointments i finally was able to see my MD he prescribed Atripla for me but doesnt want me to start taking them until my genotype results return. so this is my situation, when i recieved my first set of lab results they were VL9558 yes 9558 he said that was a way low first count, CD4 249 12% so they told me i had AIDS. why was it i was ok with having HIV but when they told me i had AIDS it broke me down even more. Is AIDS treatable as much as HIV, i know its a strang question but all the information i read relates to HV and it seems that once you have AIDS its over. I was reading an article and the title stated "HIV not a death sentence but a chronic managable illness now" does that relate to folks that are AIDS patients. im 28 150lbs workout 5x week im an lvn dropped out of nursing school cause i was scared that having AIDS and working in the medical field was asking for trouble. what do you think? do i have the same life expectancy of time on my hands as an HIV patient or will i die soon?

You have an AIDS diagnosis because your CD4 percentage is < 14%. You will do fine once you start the meds and your immune system recovers. My recommendation is you get back in school.

Question regarding high bilirubin and Reyataz
keeping you posted (third labs)