Should I keep Records?

I was diagnosed about 1 year ago. I've been seeing a doctor for almost that same amount of time but I have no idea what the test results mean. Should I be keeping records? If so, what the best way to do that? Should I asked for copies of my test results or should I bring a folder to the doctors office to write everything down. (someonewhat embarassing for me).

Thanks so much

Yes, you should be keeping records. At the very least you should request copies of your lab work. You can also request copies of provider notes from your doctor visits. I find it useful to instruct patients to write down the questions they have on paper or in a journal before they come for their visit. You shuold also keep records of the HIV meds you will be taking. Patients usually have very few questions during the visit itself for a variety of reasons. This kind of record keeping is helpful particularly if you end up changing doctors. Copies of those records for a new doctor are invaluable and save lots of time trying to recreate your medical history.

Does antibiotic or an infection alter CD4 and viral load results?
Reduced VL & CD4 (no meds)