hiv and blood transfusion

over the last 2 years i had to have 2 blood transfusions. about 6 months after the last one i developed hiv with avery high viral count of 2.5 million. cna this high of an amount be attributed to sexual contact or am i right in assuming huge amounts of blood pumped into me may have been infected resulting in such a high load. my insurance is not willing to cover me as i am gay and therefore may have been infected through sexual conduct. if i was infected through sex can the viral load be that high and how many months after a transfusion would pass before hiv would show up? the transfusions were a year apart. one for severe enemia ( 8 units)and later during an operation in the hospital( 5 units). in south africa there is a lot of news stories about infected blood ...apparently over 40 percent of the supply could be affected. i need to know if there is a way to prove transmission trough transfusion, as i can't understand such a high count would occur from sexual contact. also is it possible that i could have been infected for a long time before knowing it. sorry about all the questions but i feel i am not being given fair information and the fact that i am gay seems to be prejudicing my results. thanks for any answers.

You can have very high viral load levels during acute infection regardless of the method of transmission.

TDM-saquinavir/r once daily
Yet again CD4 vs %