Clinical Trial to boost immune system

A dear friend of mine is going to be starting a clinical trial to boost his immune system. The trial involves giving him either a therapeutic injection or a placebo. He will remain on his medication during the trial. Do you have further information on such a trial? Its in the Washington DC area. He hasn't told me whether he is doing this because he has any kind of resistance to medication or not and I believe his CD4 count is around 600 or 650. Is the purpose of such a trial aiming to possibly allow a person with HIV to get a yearly or semi yearly shot to keep the immune system functioning and lessen the dependence on daily medication? I didnt want to ask him to many questions because I know he is a bit nervous about it and he has a very stressful job. I try to keep up to date on the latest clinical trials because I am HIV positive and my CD4 fell to a low of 203. (just short of an AIDS diagnosis) Its back to 398 now and undetectable. Thank you.

There are many HIV trials ongoing in the US. I am not familiar with the trial you describe.

MEDS
pheno test