How long I will live from now on?

I've ben diagnosed HIV positive in 1989. But until 1995 I rejetcted being medicated. When in my Country Argentina de cocktail was popular, I decided being under that medical treatment. My t4 cells where at that time over 400 and my Hiv virus count where under 8.000.

I was under azt, 3tc and nevirapine for few month, but I had to be for three days at hospital because my hematocrite where under 8, because one of the azt side efects. I almost died for that cause.

The coctail was interupted for a year and I begun taken another one, replacing azt for zerit. The problem was I couldn't even walk because a pain in my foots.

I tried another cocktail and the fever was up 40 degres, for days, even taking ibuprofen and tafirol.

I have the cocktail interupted for medical indication. And since then, I do not take any medicin for the HIV.

I don't want to be under a treatment any more. My t cells count is over 200 and my viral count is under 50.000.

But I'm clinicaly ok, a litlle bit fat. I look less than my 51 y.o. I was last november. I work 8 hours daily as a political consultant in the Argentinian Parliament and I'm taking graduate courses in Social sciences at university with a good performance.

I've been in love with an argentinian who owns a JAPANES FOOD RESTAURANT. He is 12 years yonger than me and is studing psicology at UBA university. I share our live with two litlle she-dogs, Peggy, e pekines one and Nina a shi tzu one.

I don't feel nothing because of the Hiv diagnosis, the tcels count and the viral amont.

I feel completely happy with my life nowadays.

Takin in account everthing a wrote above, ¿How long do you think I'm going to live from now on without taking hiv drugs?

from Buenos Aires Argentina

I think it is unwise to stay off HIV meds, given where your CD4 count and viral load are. Although you have lived with HIV infection for a long time, HIV meds have contributed to your longevity. If you choose to stay off meds, you could live for several years, but AIDS complications will quickly affect you. I think you need to think about your partner and dogs before you make a long term decision about this.

hep C
I do not anderstand the lab. test.