For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Undetectible and still losing CD4

Hi. I have been diagnosed for 4 years now. I am currently on Epivir, Sustiva, and Videx. In the last year I have only been undectectble for my VL however every three months with bloodwork I find that my CD4 keeps dropping 20-40 at a time. I am currently at a CD4 of 339. Should this worry me or is this a sign of something I should do?

Another important number to follow is the CD4 percent. It is usually a more stable number over time. The absolute CD4 count could be affected by your total white blood cell count (WBC) or lymphocyte count. You don't indicate what your CD4 was at its height and in what time frame it has gotten to 339. In general I would not be worried about this.

When to start meds?
Viral lode amounts while on pegintron and ribivirn