viral rebound, viral reconstitution
Dec 8, 2006
can you explain to me what viral rebound and viral reconstitution mean. Can you give me an example of each
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Viral rebound is when someone has an undetectable or low viral load and then the viral load increases dramatically. An example might be someone taking HIV meds who then stops them. I am not sure what viral reconstitution is. Usually we refer to immune reconstitution. That means when someone starts HIV treatment with a low CD4 count and their CD4 counts increased significantly, their immune system has become reconstituted.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Psoriasis A Sign Of AIDS?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Get Std Results Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.