|Flu Vaccine + Recent Illness - can regular blood work be done or should I wait?
Dec 2, 2006
I had the flu shot on Oct 26th and about a week later, maybe unrelated, had what seemed like very mild flu (no fever, but heavy cold like symptoms). Many of my coworkers seemed to have this bug too so I was not too alarmed and was completely over it after about 1 week. My question is whether I should go ahead with my next scheduled blood work, due about now, or wait longer to avoid my results being impacted by either the vaccine or recent illness. THANK YOU DR.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Should be no problem to get your blood work now.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can The Illness AIDS Show Up In Any Kind Of Blood Work?
- Social, Legal, And Ethical Ramifications Of HIV Status Disclosure
- Unprotected Oral Sex On Man Then Had Sex With Wife
- WHAT IS THE PROPER LEVEL OF TESTOSTERONE?
- White Tongue After Unprotected Vaginal Sex
- What Are The Chances Of Contracting Hiv From Heterosexual Encounter?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.