Help me understanding my lab results
Dec 2, 2006
My Western Blot results are as follows: gp160 ab present gp120 ab equivocal p66 ab present p51 ab present qp41 ab present gp40 ab present p31 ab present p24 ab equivocal p18 ab absent Besides that fact that I'am HIV+ what does Equivocal mean and what is p18 ab what does absent mean?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Equivocal means that the band on the western blot was faintly present, but not dark enough to call positive. P18 is an antigen or part of the HIV core protein. Antibodies to this part of the virus were negative in the sample.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Sore On Penis Mean I Have Hiv?
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Are Red Bumps All Over The Body A Sign Of An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.