In your opinion

In your opinion why do you think that so many people in developed countries are still dying from HIV/AIDS related illnesses? I know that the rate of death has dramatically declined since the development of HAART. I also understand that in undeveloped, poorer countries many people dont have access to health care or life saving drugs. I recently read an obituary in a local paper of a man that died from AIDS. It stated that it "wore" his body down. Do you think it is non-adherence or that people are not getting tested or simply waited to long to get treatment? Thank you.

Nonadherence to HIV meds is one reason. Other reasons include the aging population with HIV infection and the resultant other medical illnesses like cancers, heart and lung disease and hepatitis infections that contribute to increased morbidity and mortality in HIV infected people.

Hep c loads
Chances of catching another HIV strain?