Nov 26, 2006
I was diagnosed in Nov 06 and i was infected in sept 06. What prompted me to get tested were the swollen lymph nodes in my neck. They are still swollen and i'm quite concerned about if they will go down. I spoke to the doctor about it but because they don't hurt they were not worried.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Swollen glands are a very nonspecific finding, in that many other diseases can be manifest by swollen glands. Swollen lymph nodes can certainly be part of HIV infection, particularly in those patients who are recently infected, or are chronically infected and not on treatment with relatively high viral loads.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Pubic Lice If You Have No Pubic Hair?
- How Long Should You Wait To Get Tested For Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.