Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

time to get medical insurance?
Nov 25, 2006

Hi Mark, would appreciate any information you could provide. I tested positive one year ago at the time of seroconversion. CD 400 vl in the millions. Did not start meds. Next check 3 months later CD 580 vl 1800 %28. But my latest two tests also 3 months apart cd 540 then 450, vl 17000 then 65000 and %28 and 23. Even though my own doctor says there is no need for concern yet, how long do you think it would be before I would need to start taking meds? Maybe 3 months? Maybe 9 months? The reason I ask is so that I can start paying the 12 month exclusion on a medical insurance. My current US medical coverage has to be discontinued when my contract ends and I move home since I am not American. I will have to get another medical and start it with a pre-existing condition. If I have to pay 12 months medical without coverage and pay for meds that would be enormous. A little forward planning is needed. Thanks to all of you for the great work you do.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Hmmm.. The trend is definitely down. It could continue to decrease every 3 months like it has been, or it could plateau and you might not see any further decrease for months or a few years. Another test will further establish the trend and probably answer your question.

Previous
High CD4s, low percentages
Next
lymph nodes

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.