High CD4s, low percentages
Nov 25, 2006
What are the implications of consistently high CD4 T-cells (400 to 600) along with low percentages (15% to 24%)? Do these additional CD4s provide immune protection even though they are not accompanied by a decrease in CD8s? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes they do provide protection, but would do more if the CD4 percent was consistently higher.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Thrush From Sex?
- Incubation Period Of Candidiasis
- How Many Time Does It Take To Have Sex With A Person Hiv Positive For You To Get It?
- Hiv Early Symptoms Dry Mouth
- Is It Difficult For A Man To Contract Hiv From A Woman Through Normal Vaginal Intercourse?
- Needle Prick And Hiv Risk For Nurses
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.