Genotype resistance test: how does it sequence the virus? toi
Nov 18, 2006
How does a standard commercial (genotype) restistance test sequence the virus?
How is this different to Roche PCR and bDNA?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
PCR technology is used in the viral load assay and the genotypic resistance test. However the resistance test then requires further technology to determine the DNA sequence of the PCR product that was generated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Masturbation Cause Chlamydia To Come Back?
- What If Chlamydia Doesn't Go Away?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- Ways Other Than Sex To Get Herpes
- Is Ti Common To Get A Uti Before Herpes Outbreak?
- Is There A Natural Way To Cure Hpv Genital Wart?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.