Genotype resistance test: how does it sequence the virus? toi
Nov 18, 2006
How does a standard commercial (genotype) restistance test sequence the virus?
How is this different to Roche PCR and bDNA?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
PCR technology is used in the viral load assay and the genotypic resistance test. However the resistance test then requires further technology to determine the DNA sequence of the PCR product that was generated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Sperm Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Dry Blood?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.