|viral count and liver damage
Nov 5, 2006
Hi, Thanks for your reply! Having been diagnosed in 1998 and having this low viral count (HCV RNA QN 230758 HCV BDNA LOG 5.4*H ) is this normal after almost 8 years of infection or is it low for that time fram infecred. Is there a correlation between viral counts and damage/enzyme levels. Thank you
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There is no correlation between time of infection and viral load. There is only a weak correlation between viral load and liver damage or progression of liver disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Viral Hepatitis And The Liver
- Can U Catch HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Blisters After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.