VIRAL LOAD

HI..THIS IS ALL ONLY NEW TO US AND WE ARE STILL COMING TO TERMS WITH MY DAUGHTER WHO AT THE AGE OF 17 AND 9MTHS PREGNANT WAS TOLD SHE HAD HIV. IT,S BEE 6 MONTHS FROM THAT DATE AND MY DAUGHTER HAS NOT RECEIVED ANY TREATMENT WHICH IS GREAT NEWS AS HER VIRAL LOAD AND CD4 COUNTS ARE GOOD, BUT I WAS WONDERING AND I KNOW I AM OVER THE MOOD WITH THE LATEST RESULTS , HOW MY DAUGHTERS VIRAL LOAD HAS DROPPED AND HER CD4 UP WHEN SHE HAS,NT RECEIVED TREATMENT..HER PRES VIRAL LOAD WAS 1000 AND HAS SHOWN AS 800 HER CD4 COUNT WAS 350 AND IS NOW 500, I KNOW THIS IS GREAT AND GOOD NEWS BUT I AM BAFFLED, WOULD IT BE POSSABLE THAT MY DAUGHTER COULD JUST BE A CARRIER WITHOUT THE HIV COPYING..LISA

A change in viral load from 1000 to 800 is not a real change and is within assay variability. The virus is still replicating at a low level.

acute hiv. when will i start meds?
Confusion over diagnosis