Nov 5, 2006
my MD ordered this test. why? i am a healthcare worker and i get tested yearly with the TB skin test and have tested negative, so why this test? does it detect something that the skin test doesn't. thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It tests the same thing, although using a blood test and not a skin test. Some people believe it may be more sensitive in determining PPD status than a skin test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Genital Wart Treatment And Healing Time
- How To Stop Vaginal Bleeding?
- Short Term And Long Term Effects Of Genital Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.