t cell count of 103
Nov 5, 2006
My Aunt's T-cell count is 103 ... she has AIDS ... does not want to take drugs ... how long can she live without them? What can I say to convince her to take them? If she takes drugs, what can she expect? If she doesn't, what can she expect? She just has had PCP and thrush.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
The average time to death after an AIDS defining illness is less than 3 years. It is completely preventable with HIV meds. She will live many years if she starts meds and her immune system improves.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Penis Discharge An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Is White Tongue An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Itchy Rash After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.