viral load numbers..I need clarity

what is the highest a viral load can be measured? My doctor told me at diagnosis that my viral load was 750,000(almost 1 million as he put it.)I was astonished that after 5 weeks of treatment that my viral load dropped many hundreds of thousands down to 14,000. He then corrected himself and said that it had been 75,000 because that's as high as it could be measured. Anything higher than a viral load of 75,000 would come back as >75,000. I see people on this site talking of viral loads in specifics in the hundreds of thousands. What's the correct answer here? It makes me question the extent of my doctors knowledge.

Excellent question. The answer lies in which version/generation of the viral load assay is being used to measure viral load. The current Roche ultrasensitive HIV-1 viral load test has a range from 50-75,000 copies. The standard Roche test has a range from 400->500,000 copies. Both assays are available. The Bayer bDNA assay range is from 50-500,000. MH

AIDS=No antibodies
is this a high viral load