Apr 6, 2001
Do the majority of people with AIDS or long term HIV have positive antibody tests or has their body lost all ability to produce antibodies? Would 3 years be long enough to totally deplete the body of antibodies?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The overwhelming majority with AIDS still have positive antibody tests. If HIV infected for 3 years, they should still have antibodies.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are People Living With Hiv More Likely To Commit Suicide?
- What Is The Medical Title Of A Doctor That Treats Hiv/aids?
- If People Suspect That They Have Been Infected With Hiv, They Should?
- Can Herpes Zoster Kill You?
- How Does Leukoplakia Spread?
- How Long Does Oral Hairy Leukoplakia Last?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.