New Infection Low Viral Load Over Four Months

My question is this--back in July of this year my hiv test came back indeterminate. In the same month I had a Western Blot test, a viral load count and cd4 count test, aswell. My Western Blot came back with only two bands present, indeterminate, viral load--undetectable and cd4 in the high 700s... My two month test, Oct, viral load of 261 and cd4 in the 600's, and Western Blot--Positive..My ? is if I am positive how come my viral load is so low for a newly infected person..? Shouldn't it be through the roof?, considering if I was infected it most likely happened 6 weeks prior to my July test. What would u say might be going on? Should I start treatment to keep my viral load low? Is it some odd mutated virus? Thanks for your input...

Given the positive western blot and low viral load in the face of presumed acute infection, the viral load results could be the result of a strain not readily picked up by the viral load test. You may want to have your doctor order a viral load test using a different method (not just a different lab). I would not think about treatment until you get this sorted out. If the viral load is truly low, then given your CD4 count, I don't think treatment would be warranted at this time.

falling cd4 but undetectable VL
viral load or anything else