Does HPV Effect Labs?
Oct 27, 2006
I was diagnosed 6 months ago-1st labs CD4 600 VL 10,600, 3 months later CD4 800 VL 9,500. I'm due for my next set but noticed what appear to be anal warts (I've had them before). Will this outbreak influence my labs, the way other viral infections might? At my lab #'s, is this an indication of a weakening immune system?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It has not really been studied, but unlikely given that it is a local infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Smoking After Someone?
- Chances Of Getting HIV From French Kissing
- HIV Infection Risk Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- Are Dark Bumps A Sign Of AIDS?
- Coated Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.