total lymphocyte count
Oct 21, 2006
Recent lab work came back and indicated a TLC of 1100, but a cd4 % of 52%. Reserch shows that a total lymphocyte count under 1200 can be used as a marker to start to meds, but with a cd4 % of 52, my cd4 count is 550+/-. Have you heard of a a low TLC but high cd4 %?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, this can happen, but I don't think I would recommend starting HIV meds.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Eye Floaters After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.