total lymphocyte count
Oct 21, 2006
Recent lab work came back and indicated a TLC of 1100, but a cd4 % of 52%. Reserch shows that a total lymphocyte count under 1200 can be used as a marker to start to meds, but with a cd4 % of 52, my cd4 count is 550+/-. Have you heard of a a low TLC but high cd4 %?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, this can happen, but I don't think I would recommend starting HIV meds.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of Masturbation With Saliva
- Does Painful Ejaculation Mean I Have Hiv?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Herpes Symptoms Diarrhea
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.